Welcome to the Friends of Wyvern section of our website.
Upcoming PTA Events
· Thank you to everyone who supported us in our first 8 months, we are very proud of what we achieved in such a small amount of time. Our inaugural event, the Pamper Evening, raised £442.23 followed by the Summer Fayre raising £1,400 exceeded all our expectations. Our monthly Coffee and Cake mornings organised by Becky Hyman will continue into 2017/18 (check out the calendar for the dates). Our volunteer day in June was a great success with plans to make it an annual event.
· We’ve kicked off 2017/18 with our wonderful band of volunteers serving Tea and Cake this week at our Tea and Tissues event. Designed primarily for the Reception and Nursery parents leaving their children at school for the first time, I hope that this is the one of the first steps to feeling part of the Wyvern Family. If you enjoyed it, we have a monthly Coffee and Cake morning, the first of which is taking place next Monday (11th) in the Community Room (9:00 – 11:00).
· Our next big event is the Wolverton Winter Food and Craft Fayre, taking place on Sunday 19th November. This event has taken place previously, but this year all proceeds will go to the school as FOW will be organising it. We would love to hear from parents
and staff who can offer an hour or two to man a stall or help with the set up on the day.
· Members of FOW - read with pupils – weekday slots available, please see a member of the team or email us at FOW@wyvernschool.org for more information.
· If you don't fancy venturing out, raise funds for school from the comfort of your own home: EASYFUNDRAISING - the UKs No 1 charity cashback platform. Shop through Easyfundraising nominating Wyvern Friends as the beneficiary. The shops and sites you use pay a commission which is turned into a donation for our school. Sign up as a supporter and start shopping. Every penny helps so encourage all the family to shop - you can use a donation reminder or download the app so no opportunity is missed. Imagine what we can all raise together! Just 'click' on the easyfundraising link....
· We are now enrolled on the fundraising scheme for ‘Stikins’ – the name label company. To help Friends of Wyvern return lost property and raise money, please order your labels through (use this url) https://www.stikins.co.uk/?NAME-LABELS=26056
The Story so far
Since it’s inception in November 2016, Friends of Wyvern have been working hard behind the scenes, putting systems in place to ensure the longevity of the group and establishing links within the school community. Externally, as well as co-ordinating non-school uniform days and school discos they have ensured that the ‘Read at Home’ books are appropriately labelled and filed for the ease of the pupils, updated the library with over 100 new books, sourced new DVDs for ‘rainy days’, acquired additional spare wellies for the nursery (as well as other areas of the school), subsidised the nursery Urb Farm experience, returned countless items of lost property, organised a room of craft and games at the Winter Food and Fun Fayre, hosted a Pamper Evening and produce the copy for the Wolverton and Greenleys quarterly publication to help publicise the school. FOW raised over £1,400 through a raffle and selling ice-cream at the Summer Fayre and organised a Volunteer Day to help update areas of the school. I’m very proud of what has been achieved in such a short time and hope that we can continue to grow with the help and support of Wyvern and it’s community.
We always need volunteers to make these events as successful as possible. If you are willing to help out at any event or have any other ideas then please email FOW. We never take anyone's participation for granted. Every little bit helps us all and ensures that we can continue funding projects to benefit all of our children.
If you have any questions please email FOW
To advance the education of pupils in the school by developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school and engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment that support the school.
FOW is managed by a committee that is elected each year at its Annual General Meeting. The committee for this year is:
Chair - Jo Adamson
Treasurer - Danni Dimino
Secretary - vacant - this involves recording the termly FOW meeting, monitoring the FOW email account and updating the FOW page of the website.
Every parent automatically becomes a member of FOW for the duration their child is a student at Teddington. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you. Every little helps.
The FOW holds meetings once a term in the community room. We hear what’s happening at school from Mrs. Giles (Reception Teacher), discuss forthcoming events and activities and agree how the funds we raise should be spent. It’s a great opportunity to learn a little more about the school and meet other parents. Everyone is welcome.